Bellview Tel 044 9396694
Fax 044 9336024
Castletown Tel 044 9226078
Fax 044 9226602
Kinnegad Tel 044 9375110
Fax 044 9375110
At Bellview Clinic we are motivated in early disease detection, screening and preventative medicine. Our Doctors have a special interest in performing comprehensive Health Check Up's in all age groups. This service aims to establish patient baseline health status and screen thoroughly for the early detection of diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis to mention but a few. In addition we will emphasise preventative measures you can take to avoid illness. We have put a lot of work into ensuring our services and check ups are unparalleled in quality and thoroughness and represent the best value in this field. We have a number of options so that you may choose the "Check up" that is best suited to your particular health needs.
This check up will take approximately one hour and thirty minutes to complete and you will need to attend fasting, ideally bringing a urine and stool sample with you in the required specimen containers, which you may collect from reception in advance of your appointment. You will attend the Doctor initially, followed by the Nurse.
We would ask you to re-attend six weeks after your initial check up with the Doctor to go through your results in detail and agree any further measures that may be necessary. This return visit is included as part of the service.
Please remember to bring details of any medically relevant history or investigations carried out previously together with an accurate list of any medicines you may be taking.
The check up will include :-
1. A complete medical history and screening questionnaire carried out with your Doctor.
2. Measurement of your height, weight, and body mass index.
3. Examination from head to toe including blood pressure, pulse, fundoscopy and ear nose and throat assessment. An Auscultation of heart sounds and lungs together with carotid artery is performed routinely.
4. Through examination of the neck, abdomen and pelvis.
5. Females will have a breast examination survey and gynecological examination routinely.
6. Males will have testicular and prostatic examination.
7. Analysis of urine samples and stool samples will be performed.
8. Electrocardiogram (ECG) of the heart is done and professionally interpreted.
9. Blood samples are taken and analysis carried out for Full blood counts, cholesterol, kidney and liver function, vitamins including B12, folate and Iron. A wide range of additional screening blood tests can be done following discussion with the doctor or nurse.
The cost of this check up :
€180 for existing fully registered Bellview Clinic patients
€ 250 for new patients to the Clinic or patients attending for a one off visit
This check up will take approximately two hours and thirty minutes to complete and you will need to attend fasting ideally bringing a urine and stool sample with you in the required specimen containers. You will attend the Doctor initially, followed by the Nurse
We would ask you to re-attend six weeks after your initial check up with your Doctor to go through your results in detail and agree any further measures that may be necessary. This return visit is part of the service.
4. Thorough examination of the neck,abdomen and pelvis.
5. Females will have a breast examination survey and gynecological examination routinely. This may include a cervical smear.
6. Males will have testicular and prostatic examination as appropriate following discussion and informed consent.
9. Blood samples are taken and analysis carried out for Full blood counts, cholesterol, kidney and liver function, vitamins including B12, Folate and Iron. A wide range of additional screening blood tests can be done following discussion with the doctor or nurse.
10. Spirometry and lung capacity investigations.
11. Glaucoma screening using our Tonometer air puff device.
12. Heart scan or Echocardiogram may be referred if appropriate
13. Other investigations at an additional cost may include exercise stress testing, Holter monitoring, and 24hr ambulatory blood pressure monitor. These may be suggested following a detailed discussion and recommendation by your doctor and you may be referred for these tests.
The cost of the advanced check up :
€280 for existing fully registered Bellview Clinic patients
€350 for new patients or patients attending for a one off visit.
At Bellview Clinic, we have developed a check up designed for assessing children and screening for childhood illness in addition to using the best evidence based guidelines in preventative medicine.
These checks take approximately one hour and involve a Doctor and Nurse who have sub-specialty training in Paediatrics and Child Health.
2. Please ensure you bring all relevant material such as vaccination records and milestone books.
3. Measurement of your child’s height, weight, and body mass index and head circumference.
4. Developmental screen and ‘ages and stages’ plotting.
5. Examination from head to toe including Ears nose throat, fundi, lymph node examination , lung and heart sound auscultation.
6. Thorough screening of the neck, abdomen and pelvis.
7. Urine analysis for diabetes, blood and infection.
8. Stool sample for parasites, worms, helicobacter and lactose intolerance.
9. Additional testing may include
a. blood tests
The cost of this check up is €95.
The Bellview Cardiac Check is particularly suitable for those patients who are concerned regarding potential for undiagnosed cardiac disease. Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS) has become a condition that is highlighted in media reports relating to apparently ‘fit’ athletes sustaining sudden cardiac arrest.
The cardiac screen is reported by our Consultant Cardiologists and includes:
2. Fasting bloods for cholesterol and lipids
Referral for Cardiac Echo scan if necessary
4. Referral for Stress test if necessary
If an abnormality is found on this screening then you will be further assessed by the Doctor.
The cost of this check up is €250